It’s Friday. And we’re going to have fun! Since it’s all about Lego these days (all of my students are talking about the newly released Lego Movie), I thought I’d share some of the Lego links I’ve been collecting lately for today’s Phun Phriday post:
- Legography – Check out these great photos showing the perspective of a Lego mini-fig by photographer Andrew Whyte.
- Lego Female Scientist Mini-Fig – Speaking of mini-figs, here’s a great role model for female Legologists!
- 10 Neatest Lego Facts and Links – This post is from 2008, but it’s still cool!
- Proposed Lego Mini-Set based on “The Big Bang Theory” – I might have to buy my first Lego set ever if this gets enough votes.
- Lego Great Ball Contraption – How do people think of these things? And why?
- Lego Build with Chrome – I haven’t thoroughly explored this, yet, but it looks so cool! There is a “Build Academy” (which I definitely need), a “Build” section, and an area to “Explore Builds”, which actually might make a great Geography lesson!
- 17 Practical Uses for Legos in Everyday Life – I can’t believe I didn’t think to build our new couch out of Legos.
- Lego Brick Adapters for Cubelets – Watch this video to see the way Brick Adapters work with Cubelets. Want to learn more about Cubelets? Check out my post from yesterday.
- Lego Fix the Factory – Fabulous free app for practicing programming skills.
- Lego Movie Maker App – This app for iDevices allows you to make simple stop motion videos. I have several students who love using it for Genius Hour.
- More Free Lego Apps – I haven’t used all of these, so I cannot speak to their quality, but some look very intriguing!
I hope at least one or two of these are new to you! Have a great weekend!
2 thoughts on “Build Something Awesome”
Wow! This is LOL great. I went to the practical uses list and kicked myself on a couple examples too. The key holder is so simple and brilliant! Thanks for many great references! I still love Legos.
I like the key holder, too! I’ve seen a light switch plate somewhere that would also be fun to have!