I couldn’t resist adding one more post before my blogging break. (New posts will resume on Monday, December 30th.) Last year, I closed out my “Gifts for the Gifted” series with a post of suggested apps that you could load up on iPads or iPod Touches you may be presenting as gifts. I would like to do the same this year, as there are so many new apps that I would add to that list. Please look at last year’s list, too, if you need some recommendations. If you are looking for Android apps, you will find some great ideas on Richard Byrne’s Android 4 Schools blog.
- Kodable – link to my post
- Hopscotch – link to my post
- Fix the Factory – link to my post
- Chatterpix Kids – This one is relatively new, so I haven’t dedicated a whole post to it, yet. But it’s great!
- Questimate – link to my post
- Duolingo – I can’t believe I haven’t posted about this great app for learning languages!
- Math Squared – link to my post
- FlipPix Art Kids – link to my post
- ColAR Mix – link to my post (They have some free holiday pages available right now!)
- AR Rock Launcher – link to my post
- Tellagami – link to my post
- Piiig Talk – I haven’t actually used this yet. It’s hot off the presses! It’s supposed to allow your child to use the iDevice as a walkie-talkie. It looks fun…
- Lego Movie Maker – My students just started using this to make stop motion videos, and love it!
Apps Worth Paying For:
Kodable Pro – If your child enjoys Kodable, he or she will love having access to more levels.
I hope everyone has a great break! Check back next Monday, December 30th, for a brand new post!