I’m taking a break from my regularly scheduled programming to ask all of you to get involved. That over 200 girls could be kidnapped from their school in Nigeria, and the entire world calvary hasn’t been sent out to rescue them is unconscionable. We would never allow this to go on for so long without appropriate action in the United States. However, it has been over two weeks, and either the Nigerian government is unable or unwilling to do its job adequately and aid from other countries is needed. The Boko Haram terrorist group who has taken responsibility for this horrific crime has threatened to sell the girls into slavery and/or as under-age brides.
This violent campaign against “Western education” (particularly for females) must stop. I can’t think of anything that makes me angrier than committing heinous attacks against women who are trying become educated. The assault of Malala Yousafzai and her classmates in Pakistan brought the world’s attention to these horrible crimes, and we cannot allow them to continue.
What can we do?
- Learn more about the story.
- Read this article and sign the petition on the 2nd page.
- Join the #BringBackOurGirls Call to Action Google Hangout at 12 PM EST today, May 6th – hosted by Amy Poehler’s Smart Girls
- Use Social Media to bring attention to the atrocities that are being committed against these girls – and the many others who seek to receive an education
- Get furious. And do something about it. This. Is. Not. Okay.
2 thoughts on “#BringBackOurGirls”
Thanks for being a voice for Human Rights.
Thank you for your support!