Welcome to the “Survive the Week Before Winter Break” series! So far, we have “Logical Ways to Survive the Week Before Winter Break” and “Creative Ways to Survive the Week Before Winter Break.” I hope you’ve found some helpful links on those posts!
One of the things that is really important any time of the year is to get the students up out of their seats. But it’s particularly vital this time of year. Attention spans are shorter and less time is spent out of doors in many places. Here are some ideas for keeping active during the school day:
- Just Dance Kids 2 – “Jingle Bells” comes from a Just Dance indoor recess playlist that was tweeted by@PrincipalJ. Not all of the songs are appropriate for elementary – but Jingle Bells seems pretty safe 😉
- Minds in Bloom has a fabulous list of Christmas Brain Breaks that could be modified for those of you that don’t celebrate that particular holiday. (Pretty sure your kids will enjoy the “Snowball Fight” idea!)
- Register for free at GoNoodle.com for some more Brain Break videos that include some gamification.
- Scavenger hunts are a great way to get moving. Here are some ideas for a photo scavenger hunt (which also includes great rules).
- And, finally, this Pinterest Board from Lindsay Lane has a bunch of amazing ideas for “Classroom Movement.”
Tomorrow, the series continues. However, I’m still thinking of a title. I think I need to take a bit of a Brain Break, myself…