I’m not sure how I get myself into these things. After all, it’s been little more than a year since I participated in my first Twitter chat. But somehow I ended up agreeing to host this week’s #neisdpln chat. Not only have I never done this before, but I’m not even sure where I’ll be at 7 PM (CST) tonight as I will be in the middle of my weekly marathon carpool. But that’s usually how I roll – jump out of the plane and then start reflecting on where I last saw my parachute…
You’re welcome to join us tonight even if you aren’t in NEISD. It’s going to be a kind of brainstorming session. I decided to make the topic, “S.C.A.M.P.E.R. Education.” Here are the planned questions:
- Substitute – Tell about one thing you would substitute for grades in schools.
- Combine – If you could combine a school with another venue, what would it be?
- Adapt – Name 1 way you think schools will be drastically different 20 years from now.
- Modify – If you could make anything bigger or smaller about your school, what would it be?
- Put to Another Use –
- Eliminate – What would you take out of the curriculum?
- Rearrange – How would you rearrange a school or curriculum?
Note that I don’t have a question for “P” yet. Any suggestions are welcome!
4 thoughts on “Join Us for the #neisdpln Chat!”
Put teachers to another use! What else should we be doing?
Put paper to another use. Instead of worksheets, how else could it be used?
Not the best ideas at 7:30 in the morning, but maybe it will make you think of another one! Ha. Good luck tonight!
Love those! Thanks for the suggestions!
Great questions! You’ve really got me thinking! See you at 7:00.
Thank you! Loved your responses during the chat!