I’m not sure how I get myself into these things. After all, it’s been little more than a year since I participated in my first Twitter chat. But somehow I ended up agreeing to host this week’s #neisdpln chat. Not only have I never done this before, but I’m not even sure where I’ll be at 7 PM (CST) tonight as I will be in the middle of my weekly marathon carpool. But that’s usually how I roll – jump out of the plane and then start reflecting on where I last saw my parachute…
You’re welcome to join us tonight even if you aren’t in NEISD. It’s going to be a kind of brainstorming session. I decided to make the topic, “S.C.A.M.P.E.R. Education.” Here are the planned questions:
- Substitute – Tell about one thing you would substitute for grades in schools.
- Combine – If you could combine a school with another venue, what would it be?
- Adapt – Name 1 way you think schools will be drastically different 20 years from now.
- Modify – If you could make anything bigger or smaller about your school, what would it be?
- Put to Another Use –
- Eliminate – What would you take out of the curriculum?
- Rearrange – How would you rearrange a school or curriculum?
Note that I don’t have a question for “P” yet. Any suggestions are welcome!