For many families, the second week of Winter Break is when boredom kicks in. New gifts and games have lost their luster. No one wants to return to school or work – but lack of structure is beginning to feel less like freedom and more of a chore as everyone tries to find ways to fill up endless hours of do-nothingness.
If the above paragraph describes you, here are some suggestions for making the next week less daunting
- Winter Break Challenge – For a fun idea that might tear your child away from a screen for awhile, give them a bunch of old board games and let them “re-mix” them to come up with something new.
- Logical Journey of the Zoombinis – This fabulous game that will teach your child logic and problem-solving skills is available on iOS, Android, Windows, and Mac. There is a cost, but it is well worth the price.
- Apps for Creation – Here are some FREE apps I recommended last year for creation that are still some of my favorites.
- Makey Makey Something! – If your child got a Makey Makey for Christmas, this post might inspire him or her with some ideas for projects that go beyond the banana piano.
- Design a Marble Run – Here are 10 ideas for DIY marble runs made from household materials.
- Build with Slotted Disks – Use the templates to cut out your own disks for building out of cardboard or other sturdy paper.