I know that my readership takes a dip June-August each year as many educators go on vacations or take breaks during those months. Although I did not post as regularly as I meant to this summer, I did share some resources that I believe are worth repeating in case you missed them. I am going to spend this week spotlighting some of those.
I already shared the Jennie Magiera video this week, but here are some others that I posted this summer that you may have missed:
- “I Wish I Was Invisible” – a good video to show students from Storybooth.
- “Be the Last to Speak” – a nice reminder to educators, administrators, and all leaders from Simon Sinek.
- “ISTE Standards for Students” – produced by ISTE in collaboration with Flocabulary, this is a catchy summary of the 21st century technology skills we should be giving our students.
- “Alike” – students and professionals may enjoy discussing the important lesson of this video regarding the importance of being different.
- “Cogs” – similar to “Alike,” this video shows the dangers of expecting everyone to follow certain pre-determined tracks.
- “#whyImake” – Adam Savage explains the reason why he loves to create – and gives educators a reason to encourage this in all of our students.