A couple of years ago I posted about the cute idea that I’d found on several websites of having students build leprechaun traps. Since my Kinders were learning about Inventor Thinking around that time, we tried it out. They were very earnest about creating efficient traps, and I’m pretty sure at least one of the students was disappointed that he didn’t catch his prey. You can see our class blog posts from that year here and here.
Here is an updated list of St. Patrick’s Day links in case you want to try to capture your own leprechaun this year – or, better yet, his pot of gold:
- For a Pinterest Board with over 200 Leprechaun Trap ideas, click here.
- You can try this “Trap the Leprechaun Game” on your interactive white board.
- Highlights Kids has a clever story called, “The Leprechaun Trap.”
- Steve Spangler Science has a page of St. Patrick’s Day Science that includes turning your water green.
- And if you’re feeling really ambitious, here is a Leprechaun Trap Cake.
Not enough? Technology Rocks. Seriously has way more St. Patrick’s Day links.